Wednesday, July 24, 2013

This Girl by Colleen Hoover ~ Review






There are two sides to every love story. Now hear Will’s.
Colleen Hoover’s New York Times bestselling Slammed series has brought countless readers to their knees with a whirlwind of love, passion, and heartache. Layken and Will’s love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he can’t resist his wife’s pleas and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.


In This Girl, Will tells the story of their complicated relationship from his point of view. Their future rests on how well they deal with the past in this final installment of the beloved Slammed series.


Buy This Girl on Amazon


Buy This Girl on B&N


Review

“If I took every romantic poem, every book, every song, and every movie I've ever read, heard or seen and extracted the breathtaking moments, somehow bottling them up, they would pale in comparison to this moment.

This moment is incomparable.”



I can't tell you how excited I was to get this book into my hands. You don't even understand how much I BUTTERFLYING ADORE WILL COOPER!! The quote above is from Page one, from there on I was crying, this is how much I connected to this beautiful story. Once again, Colleen has made me fall in love with Will and Layken and live their love story as if it were my own. Make sure you read this series, it's classic and you will not be disappointed! 5 stars!


“Wife,” I say, staring straight into her eyes. “Think what you want, but there isn’t a single woman in this whole damn universe that I could ever love like I love you.” 


This Girl is Will Cooper's story, you get to see the  past in Will's point of view, the present during his and Layken's honeymoon and at the very end we get to see into Will and Lake's future. Normally when I read a re-telling of a story from a different point of view I tend to get bored, but Colleen gave "This Girl" a whole new perspective, taking us back and forth from the past to the present.  I loved every single second of living things from Will's prospective.  We discover so many new things we didn't know....like Will's true feelings, secrets are revealed, and we learn of Will's relationship with Julia.


“Layken Cooper, I love you. I’ve loved you since the second I laid eyes on you and I haven’t stopped loving you for a second since.”


This Girl is just simply beautiful and left an impression on me that will last a lifetime.  I laughed, I cried...happy and ugly tears.  The writing was once again fresh and the poems were once again flawless and original.  My sweet, getting to read about Will and Layken's honeymoon and the amazing Epilogue. My suck, that the series is over.


You, baby girl. You’re my final piece.” 

This Girl basically enriched the story for me and made me love this series and these characters even more than I already do.  I didn't want this series to end, I'm not ready to let go of Will, Layken, and all the secondary characters but what a beautiful, incredible ending Colleen has given us! One of my favorite series of all time!

*Review by Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment