Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Torn by Kim Karr ~ Review






Synopsis:

Rock star River Wilde brought Dahlia London back from the brink of hopelessness with his unwavering love and devotion. But their entangled history is about to test the strength of their relationship…

Dahlia was certain she had found true love and met her "Once in a Lifetime’ when she reconnected with River. But Dahlia’s world comes crashing down when someone from her past resurfaces, and all of River’s carefully hidden secrets are exposed.

River wants to show Dahlia that life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass—it’s about dancing in the rain. But how many times can one broken heart be mended? Will River and Dahlia be able to stay together or will they be torn apart?


Review

*First a word of advice, it had been awhile for me since I read Connected. When I started Torn I was a little confused at the events taking place and had to go back and re-read the last several chapters of Connected before I started Torn to refresh my memory. You may want to do this.


Not at all what I was expecting! My mind was set that this book was going to all revolve around one big obstacle and don't get me wrong, in a way it did but Kim took this in a direction I never expected.....so much angst, emotion, gut-wrenching torment and I loved every second of it! 4 stars.


"You were wrong, River, we are in pieces."


When the past and present collide, Dahlia and River are left with their relationship in tatters.  It's not really that they question their love for one another, there are just too many misunderstandings that the other takes the wrong way. They are both stressed to the max and overreacting and judging every little thing and it causes such a strain on their relationship.  Will the strength of the love they feel for one another hold them together? Or will the past and insecurities manage to tear them apart?


"I love you, Dahlia, I love everything about you. You’re perfect, really…. And I will love you more, forever.”



This is a must read series! Connected was phenomenal and Torn managed to wrap the things up nicely and give me just the closure I need on  Dahlia and River's epic love story.


Buy Links

No comments:

Post a Comment