Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Against the Ropes by Sarah Castille ~ Review



Synopsis: 
  
He scared me. He thrilled me. And after one touch, all I could think about was getting more…

Makayla never thought she’d set foot in an underground mixed-martial arts club. But if anyone needs a medic on hand, it’s these guys. Trouble is, at her first sight of the club’s owner she’s the one feeling breathless.

All sleek muscle and restrained power, the man they call Torment plays to win at any cost. Whether it’s in the ring or in the bedroom, he knows exactly when to use a soft touch and when to launch a full-on assault. He always knows just how far he can push. And he’s about to tempt Makayla in ways she never imagined…
 
 
Review
 
Love me an MMA fighter so of course I loved this premises behind this book. Against the Ropes started out really strong and had me hooked, but towards the middle it feel apart for me and was a bit unrealistic and seemed to drag on. Overall, it was an okay read and Torment was a smoking hot, alpha male fighter...that was the plus of the book. 3 stars
 
 
“Everything you do overwhelms me. You’re big. You’re strong. You’re covered in incredible tattoos. You ride a monster motorcycle. You have a tendency to glare and shout and stomp around when things don’t go your way. You’re bossy and controlling. You take overprotectiveness to the extreme. But even with all that, I think I can handle you.”

 
Makayla aka Mac needs money and fast.  She is drowning in student loans and has collectors coming after her so she decides to help her friend and work at the ticket booth of an underground fight club to make some quick cash.  She goes after someone who she thinks has "snuck" in and ends up thrown into the ring with Torment, the clubs owner.  Mac and Torment are both curious about each other and there is no denying the attraction they share.  When Torment finds out Mac was a former medical student he immediately offers her a job as the club's medic.  Even though she has an aversion to violence, Mac desperately needs the money so she takes the job. The more time Mac and Torment spend together the more their attraction intensifies. Mac and Torment are both keeping secrets from each other and Torments overprotectiveness is not sitting well with Mac who likes to be in control.  Will Torment and Mac's relationship survive or will the secrets and Mac's inability to let Torment in tear them apart?

 
“Tell me the truth,” he rasps. “Admit it made you hot. It made you wet. You are coiled so tight I could slide my hand down your panties and make you come before you could tell me to stop.”  
 
 
Overall this was an okay book.  There were parts I really enjoyed and parts that just seemed to drag on and on.  Everyone reads a book differently, you may really enjoy this one!

*Reviewed by Brandi
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment