Fate brought her here, but will her choices destroy her dreams?
Quincy Priest made all the right choices in her small town, black-and-white life. But being perfect is tiring. So. Very. Tiring.
Wanting desperately to step out of her sister's shadow, Quincy jumps at the opportunity to attend college with her best friend. The quiet bookworm with family secrets comes out of her shell. But when Quincy meets not one, but two perfect guys, she has to make a choice. In doing so, she might forfeit the relationship she secretly longed to find.
Declan. Sweet, handsome, and perfect. He makes her feel cherished for the first time in her life.
Brody. Sexy, hot, and irresistible. He could tear down her carefully built walls.
Before she can become the woman she wants to be, Quincy will make mistakes. And suffer one unimaginable loss.
Add Choices to Goodreads
“I could stay here forever if you always looked at me just like that.” I don’t understand what he means, but I can’t take my eyes off him. “Everything.” His voice deepens while he looks into my eyes. “I like everything about you, Quince. I like the way those little wisps of hair frame your face. I love your eyes, so deep I get lost i...n them. Those lips I can’t resist. But I like you, Quince. The first time I saw you, I was drawn to you. I knew right then that you would turn my world upside down. It scared the hell out of me, but I knew I’d follow you anywhere.” He just made me feel beautiful, really beautiful, for the first time in my life.
There are no words for that. Instead, I wrap my arms around his neck and roughly kiss him. I twist my fingers in his hair and wonder why I haven’t done that before. Besides his eyes, his hair is the sexiest thing about him. But it’s what he hides on the inside that I so desperately want to see.
4.5 PURE, FLAWED, CRAZY LOVE STARS!
Wow, this was an unexpected Awesome, Emotional, Heart Wrenching love story about making 'Choices'.
"I Hate You, Quince. I hate you because when I saw you just now, I still thought you were the most beautiful girl in the room".
This story was about so much more than first love it is about making choices in life that can change everything in a heart beat. I have to admit that I have read a lot of books but honestly very few have brought tears. This was absolutely one of them that brought tears.
Quincy grew up with loving parents but was always living under the pressure of being perfect and trying hard to be nothing like her sick sister Katie. Katie was bipolar. Quincy and her best friend Jenna are off to the University of Tennessee. This was their chance to leave their small town and for Quincy to step out of her sister's shadow.
Quincy meets two unbelievable guys during her first week at school. Declan. Sweet, handsome, and perfect. He makes her feel cherished for the first time in her life. Quincy feels she can share all her secrets and fears without judgement.
Brody. Sexy, hot, and irresistible. He could tear down her carefully built walls. He is the one who ignites her inside and out. Her feelings for him are so intense and raw.
"Declan is such a gentleman, he's hot, and probably would be good for me. But Brody? Brody is on fire. Declan makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Brody scorches me!"
"Open your eyes Quince. I want you to see who you are kissing. I want you to know it's me, and I want you to see me every time you close your eyes."
Now Quincy has to make a choice between the two. Her choice possibly could be the ending of many good things and people. The author did a magnificent job in creating each character and bringing each one to life. So much so that I was so drawn into each one emotionally.
This is an Absolute MUST READ!
Congrats to Sydney Lane on such a wonderful, emotional story about consequences from our choices we make!!!!!
*Review by Kim
Author Interview with Sydney Lane
- Who or what inspired you to write this book and where did the idea for the storyline come from? So, it’s kind of weird. I didn’t really intend to write a book. I wrote a few paragraphs and put it away. But I kept going back and reading it. The characters just seemed to have a story to tell. I have always been fascinated with love triangles, and some of my favorite books are triangles. As I wrote, I began to use some of my own life experiences in the story, and Quincy just kind of took me to a different place. She was inside of me, and she found a way out.
- How did you feel the day you wrote the first words to Choices? How did you feel the day you finished your last words of Choices? The first words I wrote ended up being the last chapter of the book. I was reserved, even embarrassed, wondering if it sounded stupid. I honestly thought no one would ever read them. When I finished Choices, I cried. I was actually a little lonely, and I missed my new friends.
- Do you have a favorite spot to write in? Not really. I write late at night, when my husband and kids are in bed. Mostly, I sit in the living room with a big blanket and write while the TV is on. It’s nothing for me to flip between TV, music, FB, and writing!
- What authors/books do you like to read when you are not writing? And of course, who is your favorite book boyfriend? My favorite author of all time is Patricia Cornwell. But I love so many other authors. Currently, I am into Kelli Elliot, Molly McAdams, Abbi Glines, and Tijan. And by the way, didn’t I tell you that I am secretly having an affair with Kellan Kyle???
- Do you write full-time or what else did you do or still do as a career? I would love to write full time, but until that becomes a reality, I work in healthcare. It’s a very satisfying career, but I don’t get to use my imagination.
Thanks again for your time. Best of luck with Choices Thank you so much for the opportunity!!!
Sydney Lane lives in Nashville, TN with her husband and children. Growing up in Smalltown, USA, Sydney dreamed of being a writer. After spending an obscene amount of money to go to college, Sydney finally decided to follow her heart. With her babies in bed and husband neglected, she worked by the light of her laptop and wrote Choices. Sydney is very active in charity work for anti-bullying and depression awareness groups.
Author Contact Links:
Facebook / Author Goodreads
Amazon / Barnes & Noble