Wednesday, May 28, 2014

BANG by E.K. Blair ~ Review


Synopsis





They say when you take revenge against another you lose a part of your innocence.
But I’m not innocent.
I haven’t been for a very long time.
My innocence was stolen from me. Taken was the life I was supposed to have. The soul I was born with. The ruby heart embedded in a life full of hopes and dreams.
Gone.
Vanished.
I never even had a choice.
I mourn that life. Mourn the what-ifs.
Until now.
I’m ready to take back what was always meant to be mine.
But every plan has a fatal flaw. Sometimes it’s the heart.


**Due to the dark and explicit nature of this book, it is recommended for mature audiences only as some scenes may be particularly disturbing.**


Displaying BANGPhotonodate.png




Review

5 Stars
I would give it more if I could.
 
All I can say is "Wow!!"  E.K. writes like few others can. This was a story that took me on a very emotional, twisted ride. It's a story that starts in the present and takes you back to Elizabeth's aka Nina's past.  This young woman is a survivor of a girl's worst nightmare and she's set on getting revenge/retribution on the person that she thinks took her happy childhood times from her and set her on a path that was so very dark for many years....and that's all your going to get on the storyline because you need to go into this book blind...very blind, for it to have the full impact....that WOW factor!


“Fairytale is nothing but a fancy word for a lie used to deceive little kids…A false perception of reality used to give them hope in a hopeless world.”



There's games played, secrets hidden, lies and scars that still need healing. E.K. gave me many surprises during this story. If I was holding an actual paperback and not my Kindle, the book would have been a little wrinkled from my grip on it. And the ending??? You guessed it.....its a cliffhanger. My teeth are grinding. I need Echo/Book #2 in this Black Lotus series right freakin' now!!!
 
I have to warn you. I loved this story and enjoyed almost every page of it. But there are some very dark, hard, difficult parts from the past that are very hard to read. I wanted to be able to get my hands on some people and kick the living crap out of them. I feel that E.K. took a chance with this story, and some will not care for having it in the book, but it was what made me understand or at least try to understand what made Elizabeth/Nina the woman she was now, made her more human. I especially loved her happier reminiscing times.


“The heart is a weapon – a self-inflicting weapon – that if not trained properly, can destroy a person.”
 
I recommend you read this book or take a chance on it. I'm so glad that we had the chance to read and review it. BANG was raw, real, sensual, gritty, dirty, emotional, phenomenal, mind-boggling....I cannot wait for Echo ~ Book #2 and Hush ~ #3.


*Reviewed by Jessie





Buy Link









Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/1vTotXy

iBooks: http://bit.ly/RJwnTy

No comments:

Post a Comment